Monday, March 21, 2005

Oooooh, Back to Work, Back to Work.

(please sing the above title to yourself like Adam Sandler in the Back to School song. If you don't know the song, watch Billy Madison, and shame on you for not having seen it earlier)


I know that I have a ton of stuff that I need to blather about, but I seem to be in the midst of a bit of post-trip overwhelmia (yeah, I made that word up), where you return from being away only to find out that, yes, life did continue unabated while you were away and now you have to play catch up.

Sunday I received a very nice surprise: Felicia left me a comment! I didn’t think she ever read my drivel, and even if that visit was the only one, it was much appreciated. My admiration of Felicia’s strong will and poker prowess continues to grow and my prayers are with her in light of the recent news. I certainly hope that when June rolls around the situation is well enough that I can meet her at the WPBT event.

Played me some poker all of Sunday afternoon, blah, blah, blah. I ended up a bit, but nothing real special so I won’t bore you with the mundane details. Instead, I’d much rather bore you by telling you what I cooked last night. Salmon steaks with a pineapple habanero relish, a nice field green salad with a honey balsamic dressing, and some fresh asparagus. Beautiful and effing delicious.

Since I bemoaned the trials and tribulations of business travel, I thought it was worth mentioning something that is good about it. I realized when I walked into work today that business travel has one pretty big good point, and that is the fact that while you may be working, you’re not actually AT work. Top it off with some craptastic Kansas weather and I’m ready to head back to AZ already.

I was going to write something completely witty here, but I just lost it. (Yea, I know, have another toke, Head). Thinking Big will have to wait until tomorrow, I guess.