Thursday night and yesterday, I finally got back to playing some poker. Unlike the traditional tale of the prodigal son, PokerStars didn’t exactly welcome me back with open arms on Thursday evening, where I proceeded to lose a bit of cash. Peculiar superstition dictated that I leave when, after only 3 orbits at my Limit table, I hit my set only to get nailed by runner runner flush both times. I joined a cheap SnG and proceeded to bubble out of that, as well, so I decided to call it a night. Besides, the dorks on The Apprenitice were busy making soap commercials that would embarrass even a public access show and I just couldn’t turn away from it.
Saturday, February 12, 2005
Thursday, February 10, 2005
What is it about a little virus that it has the ability to make a person so introspective? Not that I actually thought I was going to die or anything, but maybe it’s that the temporary breakdown of our bodily systems remind us (at least subconsciously) of our own mortality. Hell, maybe it’s simply because you don’t have the energy to take part activities which would otherwise distract.
Wednesday, February 09, 2005
As if I needed any more evidence illustrating the largesse of my head, I received some more today in a place where I never saw it coming….….
…the place (see: Torture Chamber) where one voluntarily goes to have their dirty little oral secrets laid bare…
The Dentist. (Cue scary music)
Without going into excruciatingly boring detail, due my neglect in flossing the teeth that are furthest back in my head, I ended up with one cavity on top and one on the bottom. So today I drag my still-ebola-ridden ass into the dentist to get it taken care of and be good for another 6 months. After having my face pretty much completely paralyzed on the left side, the dentist takes care of the first tooth and then tells me that I need to make an appointment for next week to take care of the bottom tooth.
Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Sunday, February 06, 2005
Well, I actually watched most of the Super Bowl, even though I wasn’t planning on it. I had the idea to blog my thoughts on the commercials as it went along, but I only made it to halftime before I found myself intolerably bored. The end of the game was pretty good, but I just can’t help but be bored since I’m not football fan and know pretty much nothing about the game.
- Bud Light skydiving commercial—Humorous, but you could see the pilot jump coming a mile away..—7.0
- PDiddy & Diet Pepsi – only mildly humorous—5.5
- FedEx/Kinkos w/ Burt Reynolds and top ten things needed to have the best commercial. Pretty damn Funny—9.0
- Bud Light w/ Cedric—Dumb, nuff said.—4.0
- Diet Pepsi w/ Cindy Crawford, that Queer eye dude and the Bee Gee’s song—6.0
- GoDaddy.com—The girl with big breastesses busting out of her shirt before a Senate Subcommittee. Best commercial so far—9.0
- Bud Light commercial with the cell cams—sadly formulaic—5.0
- Visa Check Card w/ superheroes—dumb—3.0
- Ameriquest where the guy on the cell gets his ass whipped for saying to the person on the phone “You got robbed”—Pretty funny—8.5
- Bud Light with the cockatoo—good one—7.5
And the winner is….it’s a TIE! My two favorites were the Fed Ex/Kinko’s and GoDaddy.com. There may have been better commercials during the second half, but like I said, I didn’t really watch.