WCOOP 50 FPP qualifier last night, 39th place out of 600, and I’m having mixed feelings about it. It’s the deepest I’ve made it into a tournament in some time and considering how sporadically I’ve been sidling up to the virtual tables as of late, I know that I shouldn’t be too unhappy because it’s not like my game is super sharp at the moment. But goddamn, when that variance whore is constantly striking you down even as a 4 to 1 favorite, it’s difficult not to turn into a fucking grumpy bastard about it. Let’s not even get into the coin flips.
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
A new show with Anthony Bourdain called No Reservations aired last night on the Travel Channel, and true to his style it kicked much ass. If you missed it, make an effort to catch it when it inevitably re-airs so you can see him make fun of Rocco DiSpirito, it's priceless. The point of the episode was to demonstrate that
- The entire restaurant will be smoking. There will be a special glass-walled room with two or three tables for the non-smokers so they don’t contract any of the evil cancer wafting around the place. “I’ve been waiting for over an hour!” the pissed-off self-righteous douchebag will yell. My hostess will reply in her best patronizing corporate phone voice, “I’m sorry, sir. The non-smoking section is still full so you will just have to wait your turn. We have smoking available if you’d like.” (smarmy smile)
- The hot wing options will be Fucking Hot,
, Hell’s Basement, and You Need an Ass Transplant. Go ahead and order mild, you’ll still be served the Fucking Hot option at a minimum. Hiroshima
- Ordering a steak well-done will not be an option. Medium-well might be an option (TBD), but utilizing it automatically gives the wait-staff the option to freely sneer at you. Realistically though, anything over the level of Medium and you will more than likely be told to leave until such time as all of that “society friendly” crap is out of your system.
- All vegans or forms thereof will be hung. (This may require a permit that allows my restaurant to be its own country, and therefore make its own laws. I’m looking into it.)
- White Zinfandel will be banned from the premises. Once the above permit comes through, requesting it will likely be a hanging offense alongside the vegans.
- Dessert? We have absinthe and hashish. Which one would you like? Both? Very good, sir.
Alrighty then, who’s with me?