Monday, February 27, 2006

Thanks for the real food

Okay, I know I’m biting off Bob when I harp commercials like I’m about to, but I’m gonna do it anyway because I just watched a disturbing commercial and you need to know about it.

Arby’s now has 100% Real Chicken Sanwiches.

Seeing this caused me to remember that I’d recently seen the same thing on a McDonald’s commercial, qualifying this trend as being a spate and quite possibly a rash. So let me get this straight….

I can pay you more money, and if I do so, you promise not to give me fake food?

Sign me up immediately. This unilateral fast food move is magnanimous beyond all measure, and what I’d like to do is pay you double the already increased asking price to properly express my thanks for the opportunity not to eat breaded plastic.

Yup, this is the product of a late and exhausting day. See you tomorrow.