Thursday, March 02, 2006

Herroooooo.......

Boy, who knew getting ready to move 1100 miles away would take such a toll on writing crap in a blog? The major stuff is slowly working itself out of the way, so hopefully the toll won’t be too annoying as I had a nice, every weekday rhythm. However, it’s hard to be too dismayed at the general hubbub when things are moving along nicely.

Last Saturday we put a For Sale sign out in the yard ourselves because the punkass realtor we had in mind wouldn’t call us back. She finally called on Monday claiming wrong number woes (translation: I would rather be fucking off than listing a house that might make me some money) and I sent her the info she needed with the promise that she would get over there as soon as possible so we could sign a contract. Nothing and Nada is what I got, all the while showing the house myself. Yesterday I got an offer, and after a bit of haggling we agreed on a favorable price and today the contract was signed. Sold in approximately 5 days. Suck it, you poor excuse for a fuckup realtor, but thanks for the extra 7 grand I no longer need to pay you.

As I’m sure you can tell by now, it’s a big load off.

In other amusing news (if you find “shake your head in a sad sort of way and smile” situations amusing), I found out that they are going to do away with my position when I leave. Penny wise and pound foolish to the end, these people. It seems that they would rather look a few dollars better on the budget sheet than to actually have equipment and operations running smoothly. Whatever. What do I know? After all, I don’t really do anything except walk around all day and fix that computer stuff I like, which really isn’t like work at all. So Fucked. I put the over/under at two weeks before the employees are screaming and clawing their eyes as everything implodes because nothing functions.





It's inebitable. INEBITABLE!!


I'm fantasizing about taking a plane back for the sole purpose of standing around and gloating when it finally happens. (This is my entertainment until we reach that glorious moving day)