Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Herpes and Wine

“I have genital herpes, but I’m not going to let that stop me”
--Some dude from a new herpes commercial

Stop you from what? Baking a cake? Hiking or bike riding? Banging that genital herpes chick from the other commercial?

These are the questions I couldn’t help but ask after Mrs. Head and I finished a nice bottle of Qupé 1999 Syrah. I have to say, I like the way good wine makes me think.

“I am NOT drinking merlot!”

Yeah, I finally saw Sideways this weekend. Paul Giamatti totally got gypped on awards, he was awesome.

Iggy commented that the orginal (British) The Office was great, so having never seen it and being a fan of the US redux, maybe someone can point me in the direction of an easy (and perhaps free) way to get a couple of episodes to check out?

Darice had the idea of doing a private blogger table on Party on a semi-regular basis. Stop over and offer any other suggestions if any come to mind. Hell, if it was at a set time, I could actually schedule time out to be there and at least railbird, and only once or twice a month would take away any –EV worries of sitting down at such a table to show off my ‘mad cash game skillz’.

Lastly, but certainly not leastly (<--yes that was intentional), be sure to keep Felicia in your thoughts, as tomorrow is the day she goes under the knife.

I’m trying Think Big about poker, but alas, I must continue to devote my few big thoughts to the drudgery of schoolwork. At least my head is consistently Much Bigger.

(trudges off to be immersed in ‘higher’ learning)