Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Little Good, Pretty Bad, Mostly Ugly

After about three hours of total sleep last night, we seem to be pretty OK here. There are a lot of limbs laying on our roof, but the one causing the worry is still intact. We're not out of the woods yet, as temps are in the very low teens/single digits with smatterings of snow and sleet throughout today. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 33 so we should see a little meltoff.

Lest anyone think that I am focusing only on the bad things that have happened or might, I do have good things to say. We never lost power or internet, and for that I am eminently thankful. We lost phone, but I have my work cell, so I am not out of touch completely should something bad still happen. Another relief so far, is that at most I would say that I have a bit of shingle damage on the roof. Everything else is still intact as far as I know, but I haven't been able to be very thorough since going outside is still a bit of braving Death from Above.

Here are some pics from right around the house:

Hosted by www.Uploads.biz

Hosted by www.Uploads.biz

Hosted by www.Uploads.biz

Hosted by www.Uploads.biz


The only other really sucky (for lack of many other, much better words) thing is the car. We have an '01 Civic which my wife gets to drive, and I toot back and forth to work in my '87 Accord. Guess which one is screwed? This presents a bit of a problem as I don't think that the defrost is powerful enough to keep up with this cold and ice. Hell, I can't even check to see,as getting in the car is at this point impossible given the fact it has 3/4 inch of ice coating it. I know VERY little about cars, does this look like a total to anyone? What the hey, I hope it is, a new car would be nice after this crap.

Hosted by www.Uploads.biz

Hosted by www.Uploads.biz

Man, I sure wanted to play some poker last night, but obviously that was not going to happen. Perhaps I'll get a bit in today, but it doesn't look that good considering I'll be trying to make arrangements to get a rental car. I hate dealing with Enterprise, but USAA is contracted with them so what are ya gonna do?


I also have a better example of how I feel about now. You know when you're sweating an all-in, where you have top 2 pair against an opponents open ended straight draw? Yep, that's the one. We've dodged the turn bullet, but have yet to see the river....I hope it's kind.

Hard to believe it was almost 70 degrees three days ago.....