Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The incredible shrinking days of our lives

I can’t believe I actually snatched a few minutes to write up a quick post. It’s definitely true when they say there just aren’t enough hours in the day. I’ve tried to take a more Zen approach and simplify a bit, but it’s like a bald, slightly tubby Hercules battling the Hydra. I “simplify” one thing, and several more non-optional things spring up in its place. This must be the wrong career field to try and go the simple route, meh.

Of the three times in my life that I’ve been to see a psychic, all of them told me that I was a slave in a former life. I find this odd for several reasons, the first being that all three said the same thing. Perhaps it is part of a psychic script they all use. The second thing I find odd is the fact that I also seem to be a slave in this lifetime, albeit one with a white collar (or if I’m feeling frisky, cornflower blue). Looks like I’ve still got some more shit to work out on the karma wheel, but hey, it explains a lot about my violent reaction to overbearing and unreasonable authority.

Not really sure why I felt compelled to share that, but there ya go. Oh, and should you think I am a supernatural, New-Agey looney toons type, I only take about 5% of all the psychic stuff seriously. (Why 5%? I try to never totally discount something, even if it is likely to be completely ludicrous. Well, unless you’re counting the people who say that poker is all luck and no skill, or Orrin Hatch. I totally discount those).

Well, I was gonna write more, but time is up. More tomorrow on how 2005 seems to be turning out to be a banner year for getting knocked up. (No, Mrs. Head is not pregnant, perish the thought)