Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I'm Rick James, bitch!

After reading the flipchipro account of the WPT Championship final table, my action is clear. I must go to Vegas and study under Tuan Le, holder of the nth degree black belt in sucking out. I’m in no way implying the guy is a shitty player. To make it to the final table in one of these events is a feat unto itself, but this Championship news coupled with his recently aired win on television confirms that he has indeed communed with the Suckout Deities.

So when you’re down to the last of your chips and contemplating a “fuckit” all-in w/ that 8-3 off in EP, just put this in your memory banks as another shining example of being down but never truly out.

It’s like déjà vu all over again, get your tickets now:

WPBT WSOP Satellite Tournament
Poker Stars
May 1st, 7pm EST
$30 + 3 No-limit
One WSOP seat awarded for every 50 players

Here’s to hoping that I can join Bob in the WSOP fracas. Yeah, maybe I’ll enjoy going into work today, too. Prolly not gonna happen, but ya just never know.

I’ve lately found myself pondering many things about the upcoming WPBT event. We’re coming in the afternoon of the 2nd and flying out on the 6th, which effectively means that I have about 2.5 days to destroy myself. 60 Hours give or take. How will I stay awake the whole time? OK, I can’t, so I need to devise a strategy. Should I try to sleep in small shifts, or enlist some pharmaceutical help? For those of you who are more frequently degenerate, any suggestions and strategies are quite welcome (and I say “frequently degenerate” in the best possible sense, so please take no offense). Whatever strategy I devise, I fully expect it to crumble once Mrs. Head and I get caught up in the whirlwind.

What else am I pondering? Well, lots of stuff, but the thing that is in the forefront (and won’t leave) for the moment is this; IF I win a seat to the event, and IF I can muddle my way to a final table, and IF I can knock someone out on said televised final table…

And I hollered, “I’m Rick James, bitch!”, would Dave Chappelle try to sue me?

As you can see, I have been doing entirely too much TV watching and poker dreaming. Dreaming Big, but my head is still Much Bigger. Just look for the guy with the childish Bobby's World avatar who is misplaying his Hilton's, see you at the tourney!