Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Scary Stuff....

I have seen the fourth horseman. It’s not a he, it’s a she.

Her name is Mary Roach….and there really aren’t words.

Who is this person? If you watched American Idol last night you know. My wife made me watch it. Shut up dude, I didn’t want to. Really.

We’ve all seen weird shit on TV documentaries and the like, but it’s something even creepier when you see a schizophrenic/personality disorder literally about to break loose the internal bonds on national TV in the middle of a huge crowd. My nightmares are going to have a new star for the next couple of nights, that’s for sure. How can people be so deluded, I wonder? Is it too much MTV? Everyone is told they are going to grow up and be rock stars, movie stars, what have you, and it looks like they still actually believe it. Dreams are great and all…but damn. If you suck, you suck—just move onto something else that you are actually good at.

At life’s poker table, it seems to me that a large portion of these people are the fish. Feeder goldfish for the piranhas. I was pretty shocked at the sheer amount of people that show up for these “auditions”, and just how many show up completely broke, wallet and talent-wise. Just like the fish that buy into a micro-NL table with $5 and immediately push with their 10 2 off suit hoping for some kind of seriously unlikely miracle.

Hmmm…I thought I had some kind of a point to make here, but if I did, I just lost it. I hate it when that happens. Oh well, let’s talk about commercials…

Have you seen the new Dial foamy hand soap commercial? If we take the commercial at it’s word, this new soap is 10x more effective than any previous soap, which got me to thinking. The last time Dial had a soap commercial, they said their antibacterial concoction killed 98% of germs. So now it kills 980% of germs? If I wash my hands once, I won’t have to wash them the next nine times I normally would have? Never let your guard down folks….Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.

Don’t forget about me as I might be too be too busy to post for the next couple of days. I have school stuff tonight, and an AITP Meeting tomorrow night. Thank God though, or I would be forced to sit through at least one more two hour session where Ryan Seacrest shills for Coke, Ford, and Cingular Wireless, ugh. If I can squeeze in the time, or get annoyed enough by something, I’ll be sure to get one in, though.

Regardless, I’ll be Thinking Big, and my head will be Much Bigger.