Monday, April 24, 2006

Sometimes ya get Hot. Sometimes ya get Bothered.


Sometimes ya get Hot and Bothered.

Lordy, Lordy, Look who’s forty! (and by forty, I mean “not posted for two weeks”)

Two weeks. Really? Stupid fookin’ time with all of its ostentatious flying. I have no idea how the hell that happened.

Yes I do. The real question is, do you want to hear about it? Are you sure? It’s pretty dry stuff, mostly work related and mostly that it’s hard and takes a lot of time. See? Dry.

I just had some more Jack in the Box. I unlocked the magic (yet again).

Awesome.

Now, on to some more pleasant ruminations, like, my glaucoma is being treated in a very thorough and genuinely fantastic manner. Side effects may include coughing, patchouli, and fits of silly blogging.

(There was a smoke break that took place in this space. I was thinking that it sure would be nice if I had a thinking-to-text piece of software. Dragon Naturally Thinking, NEW version 2.0 without the painful surgically implanted brain electrodes!)

This evening I was speaking to my brother, who told me that today, in Wichita, most of the city was pummeled by baseball-sized hail. I think it goes without saying that I shot yet another giant load into my pants at the thought of us finally being out of that city. I wonder how long it will be before the joyousness of being away from constant mini-tragedy (brought to you by the fine folks at Mother Nature’s Vicious Storms) wears off and I truly adjust? I hope it takes a while, it’s a good joyousness.

But lest you think it’s all Jack in the Box, butterscotch, and good times just let me say this: Fucking Pedestrians.

Instead of just driving, now I get to play a fun new game. It’s called, Try To Avoid Assisting the Crackhead in His/Her Suicide Attempt. People in this area seem to love walking. Or maybe they love crack and just have to walk. I mean, get their stroll on. Actually, it’s not even “stroll.” These fools get their amble on. It’s goddamn ridiculous. Don’t these people know I’m hopped up on processed sugar, low on patience, and long on OCD (I’m always in a hurry, gotta get it done, now. It’s annoying as hell and I’m shocked every day that Mrs. Head endures it)?

Perhaps I need to get my Buddha or my Zen on. The weather is good for it, at least right now. From what I hear though, we’ve been lucky in that respect, as well. It has barely broken 90 since we arrived, although I imagine it won’t be too much longer before the weather becomes less Zen and more Jihad. Whatever, I’ll take it. At least I won’t get hailed on.

I have to stop now as it’s taken me entirely too long to type this small amount. Stupid glaucoma meds, it’s like typing inside a glacier.

(I will try my damnedest not to be gone for another two weeks)