Wednesday, April 04, 2007

FBI Stops Real World Gambling (Updated with sentiment correction and apology)

Hey everyone, you're gonna love this.

It seems that the FBI has so successfully and thoroughly prosecuted US Anti-Gambling Laws, the only thing left to do is head to the Second Life virtual world to do some cracking down.

This had to have been Bill-O's idea. No one else is this retarded.

How does the phrase, "Orwellian fruitcake land" ring in your ears now?

I wonder what is next? Owners of gambling blogs will now be forced to register with the soft-Gestapo Homeland Security, as gambling is considered to be suspicious activity which might provide leads in helping to fight the GWOT, as opposed to the GWOVT (virtual terror) that is just getting underway.

Pass it on.

UPDATE: Oh hell, I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later. Too much speed reading on my part and I overlooked an important part of an article. Apologies to all, and thanks to Al for pointing out what I should have seen from the start.

From the article--

"SecondLife has said that it is aware of the FBI visit, and that it has sought guidance on virtual gaming activity in Second Life but had not yet received clear rules from US authorities."

Second Life called them in as Sir Al has pointed out. Now I'm annoyed at Second Life, even though I understand the reasoning behind them doing this. But that's not even really it. I'm really just annoyed that this is even an issue.

I hate fucking up. Again, apologies to everyone for my hastiness, and you probably do not want to pass it on in this case, unless of course you would like to take the opportunity to laugh at me. You certainly wouldn't be unjustified for doing so in this case.

Technorati: